Leg Press Machine
A leg press machine is a piece of exercise equipment that targets and strengthens the muscles on the legs. If you are looking for a home leg press machine to add to your home gym, you have reached the right page. Continue reading to find out about how doing leg press at home will help you tone your hamstrings, quadriceps and glutes and give you amazing results for your legs.
Frequently Asked Questions
A leg press machine is a piece of exercise equipment that is made of heavy-duty steel frame with an adjustable platform or backrest where you can be seated, and an adjustable weight stack, to provide different levels of resistance. The leg press machine comes in different shapes and sizes, depending on the manufacturer’s design and target users. Some are designed to be a simple structure with a series of bars and cables, and some are made for extensive and rigorous exercise methods which can accommodate more massive weight plates.
These machines are ideal for home use since they are versatile and easy to maintain. All it requires is a one-time setup, and it’s ready for multiple exercises that you wish to perform with it.
There are two significant types of leg press machines that are categorised by how it provides resistance.
- Mechanical resistance. These types are built without the use of weight stacks and weight plates. The resistance comes from the pulleys that are attached to the machine itself and are fixed to a certain amount depending on the brand, model, and manufacturers intent. They are the latest innovation of the leg press machine for home use.
- Weight Plates. These machines are the traditional types of leg presses. They have the same physical structure as the mechanical resistance types; however, they come with weight stacks in which you can add weight plates to adjust the resistance levels.
Both types can either be horizontal or vertical. They technically provide the same challenge, but the most significant difference is, the use of gravitational force. The horizontal leg press offers a slightly lighter challenge because of its angle, while the vertical uses full force. Another difference is the way you can save space. The horizontal leg press is ideal for home gyms with a bigger space, while the vertical leg press is well suited for compact workout spaces.
There are tons of benefits that you can gain from regular exercises with a leg press, and here’s a summary of what you can achieve.
- Provides a good warm-up. These machines stimulate your legs muscles with light exercises which are proven to be beneficial in warm-up drills. They relax your muscle tissues allowing them to have an increased range of motion, preparing you to perform different exercise techniques.
- Breaks workout plateaus. As your range of motion increase, your body breaks the usual workout plateau naturally, keeping you motivated and relaxed.
- Enhances quad strength. Your quad muscles are responsible for allowing you to perform leg press exercises. It develops naturally with regular leg press training and reinforces your overall lower-body strength.
- Improves hamstrings and glutes. Glutes are the group of muscles located in your buttocks. Developing them adds to the strength of your lower body, which helps you perform a broader range of physical activities. The process also strengthens your hamstring. This is ideal for individuals who practice or participates in sports. They significantly reduce the risks of injuries.
- Improves speed and jumping ability. When your legs have adapted to the strain from leg press challenges and drill, you will have the optimised muscle control on your legs that dramatically improves your ability to run faster, and jump higher.
- Versatility. With tons of exercise variations that you can perform with a leg press machine, your fitness progress gets a dramatic boost, allowing you to reach your goals considerably faster.
- Vertical or Horizontal Incline. This depends on the challenge you wish to experience. If you prefer a lighter resistance choose the horizontal type. If you like to exercise hardcore, then buy the vertical type.
- Weight Limit. For the mechanical type, you can choose the kind with predetermined weight resistance. But if you wish to adjust the weight manually, then select a leg press that can accommodate your required weight load without compromising its performance for your safety.
- Size. Leg press machines come in a wide range of size variants. Always choose a size that will fit your home gym without obstructing your movement. You should still have ample space to move around freely during your workout.
We, at Home Gym for Sale Australia, opens a window of opportunity for everyone to be fit and healthy in both body and mind. We offer the best brands of home gym equipment guaranteed to tap into your full potential to perform better all the time. Whether you are new to the world of fitness, a seasoned bodybuilder, or athlete, you will find what you are looking for in our online shop.
We also offer the most affordable prices of exercise equipment that comes with a variable payment scheme. Also, we make sure that every transaction in our online shop is safe and secure. In addition to that, we verify your orders before sending it to packaging to ensure that quality when it arrives at your home. And finally, we have the most dependable delivery services with the help of the best couriers in Australia and all over the world.
Home Gym for Sale Australia is always ready to assist you in any way we can. We are looking forward to providing the best leg press for your home gym and other accessories that you may need. If you’re ready to begin your fitness journey, then we are happy to let you know that you’re already on the right path by simply being on our website. You can never go wrong with Home Gym for Sale Australia.